What is ScentSplit and How Does It Work?Put simply, ScentSplit is an innovative brand that offers samples and decants of niche fragrances. By re-bottling the most requested colognes and perfumes in small amounts, this service allows you to try a fragrance before buying a whole bottle, potentially saving yourself money. Using sterile and safe methods that ensure quality and purity, the decanting process is done entirely by hand.
Here's a sampling of their best-selling mens fragrance decants:
How Does Scent Split Work?
If you are looking for a cheap cologne sample that is high-quality and purity, Scent Split is definitely the place for you. As a matter of fact, ScentSplit specializes in bottling small quantities of mens cologne as well as perfumes and luxury fragrances that may be for women or unisex. These perfume and cologne samples are incredibly affordable, allowing you to try various different fragrances until you find the one for you. Each sample has a different price that ranges from $2 to $15 (approximately). At the same time, ScentSplit also offers full bottles at retail price.
Pros and Cons of Ordering Cologne Samples
• Affordability: As previously mentioned, ScentSplit gives its customers to get samples of the most exclusive fragrances in the world at a low price. This allows users to try any fragrance for some time before deciding to buy a full bottle. Additionally, it's perfect for those who are simply looking to get a cheap cologne sample.
• Variety: ScentSplit carries products from dozens of different brands, resulting in a huge variety to choose from. This includes fragrances for men and women, and also unisex fragrances that can be worn by either gender.
• VIP pass: ScentSplit offers its most dedicated customers a VIP status that grants them discounts and special offers.
• Exclusive collections: Separating itself other online services that offer samples of fragrances, ScentSplit has a catalog of brands that offer collections exclusive to the service.
• Free domestic shipping: No surprise shipping charges, free shipping on all international orders over 100 dollars.
• Gift cards: Apart from its normal catalog-based services, ScentSplit offers gift cards of different prices.
• No subscription service: Many online sampling businesses offer subscriptions to their service for a monthly or annual fee. This allows customers to receive sampling packages every so often. Unfortunately, ScentSplit only offers direct purchases from its catalog.
• Confusing order tracking service: Sadly, there have been complaints about ScentSplit's order tracking system. Various customers have mentioned it is often confusing and inaccurate.
Is ScentSplit Worth It?
I think this question depends a little on what your goals are. If you're on a tight budget and looking for a cologne, you're probably better off just getting an inexpensive full-bottle and using that. Ounce per ounce, that's going to be a better buy.
However if you're at the point that you want to take your cologne up a notch and try a bunch of luxury colognes....but aren't quite ready to make the investment in full, this is a fantastic option. For me, there's always a few colognes I know I probably wouldn't wear that often but I still want to try out and this is a perfect way to scratch that itch.
Please note: Dapper Confidential may receive a portion of revenue if you click a link in this article and buy a product or service. The affiliate links are placed independently and do not influence our opinion or review.