Stay warm but give off old-school cool with the timeless silhouette of a men’s bomber hoodie jacket.
This post may have affiliate links, meaning we earn a small commission on purchases through the links (at no extra cost to you). This does not change our opinion but does help support the site. Thank you!
This jacket, also called a flight jacket, gets its name from the practical uniform used by the military and later adopted by civilians. The design has stood the test of time thanks to its practicality and flattering shape.
Our Top 10 Picks
Check out these top 10 men’s bomber jackets to find your next favorite outerwear piece.
Best for Cold Weather
The Polo Ralph Lauren Big Pony Hooded Puffer Jacket stands out with a huge logo and a bold assortment of colors. Filled with duck down and duck feathers, this bomber jacket is warm, stylish, and functional, with zipper pockets in the front and interior pockets.
PROS: If you’re looking for a bomber jacket that will block the cold, consider this bulky winter weather workhorse.
CONS: The large Polo Ralph Lauren logo dominating the left chest may be a turn-off for some.
- Fit: This bomber jacket runs large. Order true to size to allow for layering under this heavy jacket.
- Comfort: Down-stuffed quilting keeps you warm and snug, especially when paired with a stand-up collar and fur hood.
- Durability: The quilted construction helps the jacket maintain its shape and warmth.
- Value: This durable jacket represents an investment, but it should keep you warm for many winters to come.
Best for a Biker Look
If you parked your Harley outside or want to look like you did, the Hood Crew Faux Leather Zip-Up may be for you. Available in several colors, the jacket is water-resistant with added inside warmth. Pair it with jeans and you have a cool style for riding, commuting, and turning heads.
PROS: This versatile jacket features a removable hood. Faux leather keeps the price reasonable and is easier on the environment.
CONS: If you’re looking for a warm or durable jacket, this piece is not for you.
- Fit: The cut of this jacket sticks close to the body; if you want to layer underneath this bomber jacket, size up.
- Comfort: This bomber jacket ranks as one of the more lightweight on this list. The narrow and tight arms may be difficult for some.
- Durability: This jacket prioritizes style over substance. This piece is a terrific choice if you’re going for the biker look for a Halloween costume or aesthetic.
- Value: The faux leather fabric keeps the price low. The ultra-lightweight construction gives this piece an overall feeling of fast fashion.
Best for Hard Work
The Carhartt Duck Insulated Flannel-Lined Active Jacket never stops working to keep you warm, dry, and active. Farmers, hunters, and others who love to be outdoors in all weather will love this bomber jacket. The versatile jacket keeps you warm in frigid temperatures and is tough enough for any task.
PROS: This iconic jacket delivers some of the highest-quality and most dependable outerwear within an accessible budget.
CONS: Carhartt clothing works hard, but will never win any beauty contests!
- Fit: This jacket is good for working in, so the cut is generous and loose. Purchase true to size to allow for layering underneath, or consider sizing down.
- Comfort: The peculiar fabric of Carhartt clothing can be stiff and firm but softens with age and wear.
- Durability: No jacket on this list will perform as well for as long as a Carhartt duck jacket. These bomber jackets are legendary for durability.
- Value: The plain appearance and color of this coat keep this outerwear workhorse at an affordable price point.
Best for Buying in Every Color
Explore the nearly-endless varieties within the DKNY Men’s Quilted Performance Hooded Bomber Jacket. This machine-washable jacket is the epitome of comfort and style and is available in 17 colors, including casual black, bright blue, and even stripes.
PROS: This thoughtfully-designed puffer jacket delivers iconic winter style while also looking modern.
CONS: If you’re looking for a satisfyingly thick puffer coat, look elsewhere. This jacket’s aesthetic prioritizes sleekness.
- Fit: DKNY’s bomber jacket maintains great proportions, stretching just long enough to be cozy but still chic.
- Comfort: This coat will keep you warm, with features like a generous hood, elastic cuffs, and an adjustable hem to block the wind.
- Durability: A puffer bomber jacket ranks as more vulnerable to rips and other damage to fabric than other jackets on this list.
- Value: This useful basic blocks wind and water while looking sophisticated, all at an accessible price.
Best for Lightweight Wear
Reach for the GUESS Men’s Hooded Bomber Jacket as your new go-to spring coat. This coat offers a lightweight shell that goes with every outfit. Investing in a bomber jacket delivers timeless style and useful practicality.
PROS: This GUESS bomber jacket serves as the perfect basic outerwear piece for any man’s wardrobe.
CONS: A true basic, this jacket comes in only two colors: black and olive green.
- Fit: Bomber jackets typically feature an elastic waist and cuffs to help you keep warm. This jacket features a satisfyingly classic version of this flattering silhouette.
- Comfort: This light coat regulates temperatures in pleasant weather but won’t stand up to rain.
- Durability: This 100 percent nylon jacket cannot boast significant durability. However, this jacket should last if used only as a lightweight layer.
- Value: While the price tag may seem steep for a spring jacket, the timeless color and style make up for it.
Best for Layering
Levi’s Hooded Bomber Jacket offers a slightly heavier-weight spring bomber jacket style. Take this jacket from day to night with its casual look, and it’s machine washable and available in tall sizes too.
PROS: Generous front pockets make this jacket an excellent option for a lightweight layer on a hike.
CONS: The faux-hoodie feature on this coat stays in place.
- Fit: Bomber jackets fit close to the body; consider sizing up if you want to use this jacket as your versatile top layer.
- Comfort: The nylon fabric can be noisy and chilly, but the polyester hood adds warmth.
- Durability: Some versions of this jacket in a faux-leather variety may offer a heavier and more durable option.
- Value: Because the hood is not removable, this jacket becomes less versatile for the money than others.
Best for Overall Bomber Jacket
The Tommy Hilfiger Soft Shell Active Filled Bomber Jacket does it all with a stretchy, machine-washable, water-resistant, and cozy design.
PROS: If you wish to buy only one bomber jacket, this versatile coat can do it all in style.
CONS: While this jacket is versatile, it will not withstand severe winter weather.
- Fit: Bomber jackets should hit right at the wearer’s hips. If you have a long torso, consider sizing up when shopping for bomber jackets.
- Comfort: This coat will keep you comfortable through nearly all four seasons. Reach for this coat to fend off rain and wind and to wick away sweat.
- Durability: Made of a polyester-spandex blend, this bomber jacket will move with you through any activity.
- Value: The number of multipurpose functions makes it a bargain for any wardrobe.
Best for Puffer Lovers
The best puffer jacket is a bomber jacket with a hoodie, and the Tommy Hilfiger Arctic Cloth Quilted Snorkel Bomber Jacket delivers iconic style. Complete with a detachable faux fur hood; this jacket offers warmth and style with various colors and patterns.
PROS: This bomber jacket ranks high on fashion points. Choose between bold patterns, sophisticated textures, and eye-catching colors.
CONS: This signature winter bomber jacket can be challenging to locate as it is very in demand.
- Fit: American designer Tommy Hilfiger offers this coat in many extended sizes, from extra-small to 4XL and Tall sizes.
- Comfort: Some reviewers claim the coat runs smaller and shorter than expected.
- Durability: Arctic Cloth and quilted constructions help protect this coat from rips and other damage.
- Value: Some hard-to-find colors and patterns can cost a premium, but the quality construction justifies the price.
Best for Water Resistance
Levi’s Hooded Water Resistant Softshell Bomber Jacket will become your go-to for drizzly days. Water-resistant with a sleek style, this jacket is an obvious choice for days when you need protection from the elements but prefer something light.
PROS: A no-frills coat, this design keeps its logos discreet, and details polished for a dependable bomber jacket in any weather.
CONS: As the name implies, this coat performs a soft shell and may not keep you very warm.
- Fit: This bomber jacket style offers a more relaxed silhouette for an effortless look.
- Comfort: The fleece-lined hood offers a bit of coziness to this no-nonsense outerwear.
- Durability: The synthetic blend of fabrics and machine washable care make this a durable and long-lasting garment.
- Value: Pick up this versatile light jacket for its water resistance at a reasonable price.
Best for Style and Substance
The Superdry Everest Bomber Jacket offers an exceptional bomber jacket style for transitional winter weather.
PROS: This bomber jacket with fur hoodie helps the environment too. The filling of this sustainable fashion jacket comes from up to 10 recycled plastic bottles.
CONS: Don’t let its appearance confuse you – this bomber jacket won’t stand up to truly frigid winter temperatures.
- Fit: The short length of this jacket can ride up in the back, leaving you vulnerable to cold drafts.
- Comfort: A removable fleece-lined hood with fur offers cozy shelter from the elements.
- Durability: This brand developed a durable and sustainable bomber jacket using its Superdry technology and recycled plastic bottles.
- Value: Because this coat functions best only in a narrow temperature range, you may want to consider a more versatile bomber jacket.
How To Style Your Bomber Hoodie Jacket
One of the best features of a bomber hoodie jacket is its versatility.
Experiment wearing this jacket with both casual and more formal ensembles. Pair a warm bomber jacket with a fur hoodie, casual denim, and eye-catching sneakers.
Or reach for a bomber jacket to add unexpected outerwear to a polished suit.
A men’s bomber hoodie jacket ranks as a multifunctional piece of outerwear that flatters everyone. Check out these fashionable bomber jackets to make a simple and timeless fashion statement.