Imagine having a crisp and impeccably coiffed beard. It is every beard-wearing man’s wish. Yet the frizz and tangles can be daunting, especially when it comes time to comb them out.
This post may have affiliate links, meaning we earn a small commission on purchases through the links (at no extra cost to you). This does not change our opinion but does help support the site. Thank you!
The good news is that a beard straightener may be all you need to achieve a good-looking beard with less stress. We know what you’re thinking: really, straighten my beard? But straightening can lead to a smoother, well-manicured beard without a ton of effort.
Here, we’ll help you find the best beard straightener out there and teach you how to use it.
Types of Beard Straighteners
Electric beard straighteners are classified into two: brushes and combs. However, there are sporadic cases where it’s a combination of the two. Beard straightening combs are usually smaller in size with an even surface and teeth placed closer to the heating rod. Beard straightening brushes are different and typically have a longer handle with larger bristles.
The two devices offer similar functions, however, so it may come down to personal preference when picking the right option for your face mane.
The 7 Best Beard Straighteners
Electric beard straighteners are specifically designed for facial hair. They give your beard a refreshing neat look.
This straightening brush designed solely for straightening hair gives a soft finish. It is one of my favorites because it’s not as cumbersome as a full-on straightener. It falls under the comb category more than it does under the brush.
With negative ionic technology, this brush concurrently helps hydrate your hair and gives it a smooth feel. The Kuschelbar also promises to leave you with less breakage and fewer split ends (crucial for that beard you’ve spent years growing out).
- It is lightweight(15 ounces) so you can carry it anywhere
- Easy to use (just like brushing, plus it comes with a guide)
- Short bristles are ideal for guys with shorter beards
- It only has one heat setting
- Does not have an LED temperature display
2. Aberlite Pro
Your quest for the perfect grooming tool for your beard ends with this professional beard straightener. It has 40 metal-ceramic plates that disperse heat across the surface. Plus, the bristles have an anti-static coating that reduces snagging during straightening.
The auto-shutoff feature is also handy since you don’t need to be smoking up the bathroom post-beard straightening session. One drawback: users should have a beard at least two and a half-inch long to achieve the best results.
- It is both lightweight with small features; hence it is portable
- Has an advanced PTC heating technology so you set the temperature you want
- LED Indicator to indicate when it’s ready
- Not ideal for guys with shorter beards
The Iston comes highly recommended; it’s earned best-of awards for its functionality and features. It has higher heat settings than many alternatives, making it an excellent option for particularly tough beards of thick, coarse hair.
It also has an auto shut-off feature and three adjustable temperature range settings for safety and convenience.
- Three Adjustable Temp Settings
- LED Display
- Ideal for Both Hair and Beard
- Not the best option for guys with shorter beards
This iconic electric beard straightener is easy to use, and its LED display shows you what temp it’s at and whether it’s ready for action. Adjustable temperatures adapt to different hair types, even the hair on top of your head.
If you have long hair and a long beard, this ceramic straightener brush might be a handy part of your grooming toolkit since it can do double duty.
- Bristles help distribute the heat evenly
- Adjustable temperature settings work for all hair types
- Heating time is a bit longer than alternatives
Ceramic plates help achieve a smoother beard with ease, and the accompanying comb helps you get snags out. The Arkam Premium is one of our favorite picks for guys who are new to beard straightening because you don’t have to spend a ton on it.
- Swivel cord helps you maneuver without burns or snags
- Not great for shorter beards
- Heating time is a bit longer than average
Multiple temperature settings and high-tech ceramic heating features make the MANNVLO another of our top beard straightener options. The adjustable heat settings make it handy for all hair types, and it’ll automatically shut off to prevent accidents and overheating.
- Adjustable temperature settings
- Lightweight and portable
- LED Indicator
- Automatic shut-off up to 30 Minutes
- Lack of 360 Degrees Rotation
The Cayzor straightener has been voted one of the best in the market, with temperature settings ranging from 200 to 360 degrees making it ideal for all beards. Fitted with PTC heaters, this model takes about 60 seconds to heat.
- Heat-resistant bristles
- Versatile heat settings
- Compact and lightweight
- Can be tough to handle
Finding the Best Straightener
Before finding the right straightener for you, there are factors to consider:
- Beard type: Confirm if the straightener is ideal for your hair type, whether coarse, curly, thin, or somewhere in between.
- Length of your beard: The length of your beard is among the essential aspects to look at when buying a straightener.
- Application time: How quickly do you need the straightener to heat up, and how much time do you have to get ready?
- Ionic Technology
- Temperature Control
- Safety Features
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you venturing into straightening brushes for the first time? Here are common questions about beard straightening and the brush or comb you’ll be using.
Do Beard Straighteners Really Work?
Just like hair straighteners work for ladies and gents of all hair types, beard straighteners do, too. It might take more effort to smooth over an unruly and coarse beard than one with a few flyaways, but every guy can have a smoother and more manageable beard with a beard straightener.
How to Straighten Your Beard
Now you’ve got a straightener. How do you use it? Here are the steps to straightening your beard.
- Start with dry hair, ideally clean!
- Set your straightening device to its lowest temperature setting
- Apply the heated straightener starting below your bottom lip, brushing or smoothing downward.
- Always go back to the top to make another pass (and it may take many!)
Are Beards Straighteners Bad for Your Beard?
Heat can be damaging for your beard, but it’s not necessarily bad. All brushing and hair care can cause damage, so using the lowest heat setting that’s effective is the best move. You should also only straighten dry hair; wet hair can sustain more damage, and you may even fry it due to the water content.
If you’re interested in achieving a smoother and more polished beard, our beard straightener reviews have given you a lot to think about. Using a straightening comb or brush on your face mane might not seem like the simplest thing to do, but it’s the perfect way to smooth over your facial hair and look the way you’ve always wanted to.